Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tasha's first business trip

Early this Friday morn, I returned from my first business trip alive and well, which is a surprise, as I hadn't slept more than nine hours over the past three days. This was due to the unkind hours that we kept: 6:00 pm to 6:00 am.

Boss had assigned us (Meagan, Jeff, and me) to spend three days (and nights) in Pittsburgh applying RFID stickers to medical records. The late hours were meant to ensure that we didn't interrupt, and weren't interrupted by, the clinic workers. (In fact, we were only interrupted by one worker--a woman in billing who began her workday at 2:30 in the morning to avoid phone calls from those she billed.)

The late hours also allowed for some interesting conversations.

Mormons aren't common in Ohio: it took my coworkers two months to figure out that I'm LDS despite knowing that I graduated from BYU and spent four years in Utah. They figured it out on this trip, though, and once they did they spent hours questioning me about our beliefs and practices. As nice as it was to finally stop the questions about my favorite alcoholic beverage, it was even nicer to do a bit of what Josh is doing every day, and what I (in my preMichael days) thought I would be doing at this point in my life.

(Aside from these delightful discourses, the majority of our conversations revolved around food, high school memories, and what we would rather be doing right then [sleeping].)

We finished on Friday morning and, thanks to Meagan's (leather-seated!) Jaguar, made the four-hour drive in right around three-point-five. Boss gave us Friday off to rest and regain our senses.

He will never find out that, while I did sleep when I returned, I spent most of my Friday visiting Gotham City with Michael, followed by a delicious dinner at the Cheesecake factory.

No comments: